Summer reading has been a smash hit this summer! With over 500 participants the library has been hopping! There are just over 3 weeks left to finish up your reading challenges. All reading charts and time sheets should be turned in to the library by Friday July 30th. The library hours that day are 9AM-5PM. Keep on reading and finish strong!
If you are a user of the Monarch2Go app please be aware of the update that has happened. If you have an Android device, you will need to download the app again in order to access it. If you have any questions, please call the library at 920-564-2934
The library has added some new resources for patrons to check out. The cake pan collection has over 50 cake pans that can be checked out for making that special treat. Check out the Cake Pan page to see what pans are in the collection. The library has also started adding discovery kits for patrons to check out. Included are Bird Watching Kit;Yell and Tell Safety Kit; and Music and Rhythm Kit. More are being added. Thanks to donations from the Friends of the Oostburg Public Library, Oostburg Bakery, and many generous patrons.
The Oostburg Public Library encourages you to use curbside service to pick up your library materials. It is quick, easy, safe, and convenient. Simply call the library 564-2934 and let us know when to have your items ready. We can have your items checked out to you and ready for pick up outside the building in a short amount of time.
- The Library is open for basic services and browsing. The following procedures must be adhered to:
- basic circulation services
- essential computer use
- No In-person programming or meetings
- Required masks
- Social distancing
- Furniture use is limited to one person/per table. Sitting on the floor in a public space is prohibited.
- Item quarantines remain in effect.
Please review the following temporary policies that may affect your family members.
- Current polices mean students will not be able to use the library after school for gaming, socializing or while waiting for rides or practices to start unless they are actively participating in library services such as reading, homework or studying. Please plan accordingly.
- Students who are learning remotely cannot be in the library/on the computer for more than 1 hour.
- Browsing will be kept to a minimum. We encourage you to use the Monarch catalog to request things ahead of time.
- All returned items will be quarantined for24 hours before check-in. Check ins will be back-dated so fines will not occur during the quarantine period.
- Our meeting room is being used to store furniture and quarantined items so it will not be available for use.
Staff will be available and happy to answer reference questions for any students including students who are participating in schooling from home. We have put together an education resources handout for you which can guide you and your students to using the free reference resources available to you. Please ask for a copy.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 920-564-2934 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Oostburg Public Library Board of Trustees